Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Delicious

When you are poor and it's a week away from pay day, you have to get creative with dinner.  Last week all I had was some gluten free pasta and sausage.. It worked, but needed more. Jeremiah had gone to the store and got a bunch of fruits and vegetables to make smoothies. And that was the "ah-ha" moment..
 When I'm making stuff up, I never measure, or count things.. LOL...

I grabbed about 5 or 6 carrots, cut them down the middle (long ways) and then chopped . I also used about the same amount of celery.

I sauteed them in olive oil.. I added some oregano and some roasted garlic seasoning. 

Spinach is a sneaky thing... You add what you think is a lot and when it cooks down, there's hardly anything left!  This time I used basically the entire container.  Added more seasoning... 




While all of that was simmerin' I was boiling the quinoa noodles.. I think I like these better than the gluten free ones I had used the other day.. Maybe it had to do with the shape too? The previous noodles where the penne... who knows..

The finished product... added some sausage that had cheddar in it (hello!


No comments:

Post a Comment