Sunday, March 16, 2014

Stuffed Shells

While shopping at Book-Trees (brookshires) as Annabelle calls it, at their Penny sale I came up with the idea of stuffed shells. I only wanted to use vegetables! So while looking at all the produce I saw an eggplant... I've never eaten one, much less cooked one! So I had my challenge


I used a yellow and orange bell pepper, medium eggplant and maybe a 1/3 cup of onion. Finely minced. I also boiled a large box of shells. 

 

I sautéed the veggies until they were soft and added about half of a container of fresh spinach (those organic plastic containers from Walmart)

Cooked that about five more mins or until the spinach had cooked down. 

I added the entire 8oz package of the Italian blend of cheese


The shells had cooled by the time this was done. 


You can use a jar of spaghetti sauce, or make your own!! I like to use a big can of crushed tomatoes, a can of diced tomatoes, season to taste with roasted garlic, salt, pepper and oregano. 

Put some cheese on top and bake for about 10-15 mins on 350 

And dinner is served! 



No comments:

Post a Comment